It's raining outside right now, and about 6am. A really awesome storm rolled through this morning, leaving us all feeling MUCH cooler. Last night was pretty miserable without the a/c, and reminded me when, as a little girl, I had to go to sleep with my body feeling sticky and my sheets clinging to me.
The boys have been horrible going to sleep at night, but have been sleeping awesome once we finally get there. Kendrick has been up at 4 or 5am, but just that once. The fresh air must really be wearing them out, but the place is still so exciting and new that they don't want each day to end.
Kent, Pam and Jess arrive today, although I'm not sure when they plan to leave. It will be nice to have them here to visit with. Granted, it's rainy, so the appeal of the place is slightly less than it was yesterday. I'm not minding the chance to stay in, cozy up and watch movies all day, but I have a feeling Cashel won't last that long like that. Thankfully, the boys just adore Aunt Jess, so hopefully we get through a rainy day.
Last night after the boys went to sleep, I took the monitor (and some bug spray) out to Mark, who had headed out to fish, and decided to cast my line a few times. He managed to catch an enormous (probably 5lb) dogfish (YUCK!) and I caught a little rock bass. I really hope Mark has better luck. I could care less if I catch anything, but to him, it's all about catching the big one :) It'd be so great to get a Walleye or a Northern to filet up.
I just realized this morning that I completely forgot to bring my camera charger, so I'm trying to decide how to play that. I'd hate to spend the rest of the trip without my DSLR, but with only 1/3 power left, I highly doubt it will last longer than another day at most. Hopefully Walmart sells the charger!
(As I'm posting this later, we thankfully had Dad, Pam and Jess stop to pick up the charger, cinnamon rolls, and crib bedding we had forgotten at home on their way up!)
Kendrick and I are up now, and he is jumping in the jumperoo while I journal. I have a large cup of coffee, and he is sporting the biggest bean-smile I've seen :) We are watching a little Ratatouille, and I totally forgot how adorable this movie is :)
I made this really in depth meal plan, and to be honest, it has kinda gone out the window. Granted, I've got lots of stuff to choose from, but I'm not entirely sure it all goes together very well. After spending an inappropriate amount of time (considering I have two little guys) making fresh cinnamon rolls last week, I cannot BELIEVE I forgot them! The good news is that we now have a freezer-full of cinnamon rolls.
(Again, by the end of the week, we got to enjoy the cinnamon rolls - THANK YOU for picking them up for us, Dad, Pam and Jess!)
Okay, it's time to go - Kendrick is settling down and giving me the, "Jumping time is over, Ma" look.
No comments:
Post a Comment