Sunday, June 15, 2014

Riverfest 2014 (June 13)

I'll be honest: Riverfest was a bit of a drag for our family this year. (Note that I emphasized the "for our family" part)

We had every intention of going to the picnic, wearing the boys out, and then popping them in the stroller and letting them doze off while we watched the fireworks at my boss's house. However, Mark's Mom ended up needing to have a procedure in Sioux Falls, and she needed him to drive her, so it ended up being just the boys and myself. It's at this point where I say, "THANK GOODNESS FOR THE BOB!" Normally, stick me with two little boys by myself, and I'd just stay home, but we actually had a nice time going to a few of the Riverfest activities. Cashel and I ate there (hamburgers and hot dogs), and we enjoyed visiting with some friends from church before making our way to the high school to watch "Bob and the Beachcombers".

I had the boys' pictures drawn there - it turned out so cute, although I'm not sure it looks anything like them haha

The boys LOVED it! Cashel got to make a drum from an old coffee can, and Kendrick had fun dancing (DANCING!!).



It was a really beautiful evening out, and after we had to leave the little concert (two kiddos fast approaching bedtime and just one Mama to wrangle them), we made it back to get some kettle corn from the Women of Today booth. Popcorn is always a great way to get Cashel settled back down, as he LOVES popcorn. And I know: His poor forehead, right? :( He had an unfortunate falling out of bed incident a few days prior.


So we DID manage to have a pretty decent time that evening, but we didn't see the fireworks, and the boys were a little nuts by the time I got them home. Oh, and then we found out that Mark's Mom was going to stay over, so it was a little nuts trying to get the guest room even sort of remotely ready for her (i.e. shove all the laundry off the bed and in closets and make the bed. It was just a pretty crazy day, really, but we did have a great time, and I'm glad we went.

But as I said before, the rest of Riverfest was kinda a bust for our family. It stormed pretty bad the next day ALLLL day, so we ended up just staying home. I obviously didn't look very closely because had I looked at Facebook even a little bit that day, I would have quickly seen that they had moved all the activities to the BARC Center, and we could have gone to have some fun that afternoon. But we didn't realize it until nap time, so we basically just bummed around the house the next two days. Sunday was actually pretty nice, but the only activity we were interested in was the ski show at Cottonwood Lake, and Cashel napped until 3:30 (the show started at 3pm), so we just stayed home.

Maybe next year, Riverfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment