Monday evening, we made the cookies themselves and got them cut out and baked. The boys didn't help much until I was at the point of rolling them out and cutting them, and even then, it was pretty short-lived. Cashel was much more interested in making a mountain out of the scraps.
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Christmas Cookies (December 21-22)
Since we've had such busy weekends lately, we hadn't had the opportunity to do much Christmas baking at all. I had to resort to a mid-week baking frenzy in order to get at least SOME cut out cookies made for the boys to decorate before our company arrived.
Monday evening, we made the cookies themselves and got them cut out and baked. The boys didn't help much until I was at the point of rolling them out and cutting them, and even then, it was pretty short-lived. Cashel was much more interested in making a mountain out of the scraps.



They escaped mostly unscathed, although the boys were pretty intent on sticking their fingers in the cookies, and trying to cut them with stuff, so they weren't overly pretty by then.

It was getting late on Monday by the time I got them all baked, so we waited until Tuesday to decorate them. The boys had a blast, even if it was super messy for this sometimes a little OCD mama.




They enjoyed eating them MUCH moreso than decorating them.



Daddy even joined in on the decorating fun since I had to start making supper, and I have to say: He is pretty darn good at decorating cookies!


Monday evening, we made the cookies themselves and got them cut out and baked. The boys didn't help much until I was at the point of rolling them out and cutting them, and even then, it was pretty short-lived. Cashel was much more interested in making a mountain out of the scraps.
Labels:
2015,
Christmas,
Christmas 2015,
Christmas Cookies,
December,
December 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment