Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving in Windom (November 24-27)

This year for Thanksgiving, we had another very low-key weekend. We were so grateful to have four very unscheduled days, so we soaked it up!

We had Mark's Mom over for lunch on Thanksgiving for our big Thanksgiving feast. Thankfully, it was really an easy meal, as I had made extra potatoes for Friendsgiving, so we just warmed them up, threw in a turkey breast roast, and threw together some green bean casserole and rolls.













The rest of the weekend, we layed VERY low, and it was so, so, so needed for all of us! We took the boys to the movie theater in town to see Angry Birds on Friday afternoon, and then to the park before we got some Chinese takeout and put up our Christmas tree! (I covered that in my Chinese and Christmas post.)


Saturday was a very lazy day, and we really didn't do much of anything. We sat around in our jammies most of the day, HAD to watch the Polar Express once again, and just did our own thing.




Kendrick and I decided to do a little shopping for Small Business Saturday, where he picked out this little dog for Ryan for Christmas from him and Cashel. We also saw SANTA arrive at the Courthouse...on a FIRE TRUCK! He was ecstatic and couldn't stop going on and on and on about it. Adorable :)

Sunday morning I was in the nursery to cover for the lady who usually covers the Sunday School hour, and it was just Ryan and I, so we had some nice 1-on-1 snuggles :)

After lunch, I had to make my way to Sioux Falls to catch my flight to El Paso for work (see my recaps here).

Aside from the quick exit at the end of the weekend, it was wonderful! It was exactly what a holiday weekend should be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment