We enjoyed a second Thanksgiving meal with Mark's Mom at our home in Windom the day after Thanksgiving. We initially had planned to have it on Tuesday, but with a house full of sickies earlier in the week, it seemed like a better idea to wait until everyone was no longer contagious and until we all had our appetites back.
This was honestly one of the most laid-back holidays I've hosted since I can remember. It was just a nice, relaxing day overall. Sofie and I even made it to Jackson to the Red Barn for a little while, and I did a smidge of Black Friday shopping in town at ShopKo for some Christmas gifts.
Diane made the turkey and stuffing this year, and I took care of everything else, including more stuffing, 10lbs of mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, Watergate salad, cranberry sauce, Rhodes dinner rolls. I cheated this year and used Stove Top stuffing, Rhodes dinner rolls and jarred gravy. (Hey, I know my weak points, and gravy is DEFINITELY one of them)
We all decided to exchange gifts with the Californians, seeing as how they will be on their way to Cabo for Christmas this year. Cashel was over the moon about his new Jake and the Neverland Pirates PJs (that will be his birthday theme this year). He has since been telling everyone "Merry Christmas" haha
We finished off the evening with some pumpkin pie, some poker and an early night, seeing as how tired we all were from a busy past week. We had a fun afternoon to look forward to the next day before Daniel and family headed back to Minneapolis to catch their flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment