I know we used to tackle day like this before kids, no problem. But add in two little kids, and although the day itself was comprised of 3 very laid-back, workable chunks, we ended up spending the entire day on Sunday walking around like we had just run a marathon the day prior.
I digress...
So let's recap a bit, shall we?
Santa!
We started the day with a trip to work to our Christmas Open House, where the boys got to have encounter #2 with Santa. If you recall last year, Kendrick was happy as a clam, but Cashel was pretty terrified, so I had to hold him. This year, however, the roles had switched. I, once again, had to sit with them, but this time it was because Kendrick was terrified (granted, you wouldn't know it from looking at this picture).


Party
We got home around 10:30am, and Cashel and I had a birthday party for his little buddy Hudson (his mama and Mark and I work together and they're also our neighbors) to go to in town just 30 minutes later, so I got the gift wrapped up and we headed to the store to pick up a birthday card, and we made it just a tinge late. The party was at this place called "The Center" down on the square, and it was such a FUN place! Cashel had a blast (as did I), and I think we both left sore. Here are the few remotely non-blurry pics I have from the party. We could hardly even get the kiddos to stay still long enough to eat. 


Mankato
We actually ended up leaving the party a little early (we had planned to) to rush home in time to get Kendrick in his carseat before he fell asleep. (Unsuccessfully...we made it home about 2 minutes after he conked out in his high chair). We quickly loaded the boys into the car and made our way to Mankato for a fun afternoon. And, truthfully, it really was pretty fun. Well...after the HOUR long wait at Menards, anyways: Apparently giving Mark $118 in store credit to spend is a lot harder than giving it to me hahaI snapped this adorable picture of my boys walking in :)

What wasn't so laid-back, however, was the wait at Grizzly's to get a table. We decided after about 20 minutes of waiting for a table with two VERY hungry and VERY squirrelly toddlers that we needed to leave, so we made our way to Culver's instead. I guess these are the "sacrifices" we make as parents of toddlers haha There will come a day when we'll be able to frequent places like Grizzly's again :)



No comments:
Post a Comment