Sunday was really the day when things started getting a little unbelievably nuts. If you recall, Saturday was already a pretty crazy day that started at 5:15am (thanks, little buddy!), and to be honest, I didn't really think it could get much worse than that. I must have actually said it out loud or something, because Kendrick totally called me on that and decided that 4:15 was a more appropriate time on Sunday morning. I thought a bottle and a diaper change would put him back to sleep for a couple more hours, but I was wrong: OHHHHHH was I wrong.
I spent the first two hours clinging to the hope that he would go back down to bed, but by 7am, I finally gave in and made a big pot and got all caffeinated up. And it was a really good thing, because that little monkey was up until 9:30am! And for that entire 5 hours and 15 minutes that he was awake, he was CRAZY! He was climbing on things, climbing INTO things, completely trashing the house...it was exhausting just to watch.
Since he fell asleep just about an hour before church, and we knew we'd have to drive 2 hours once he woke up from his nap, we decided to just let him sleep, so Mark stayed home with him while I took Cashel and went to church.
Afterward, we had some lunch, then loaded the boys up for the long drive down to Humboldt to arrive just in time for cousin Kaleigh's birthday party. We had to stop halfway at a park to unleash the beasts, and came across this really fun band shell. The boys just had a blast running around and listening to their voices echo.
The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful, and we had a great afternoon at the party with our family. Kaleigh had a Frozen themed party, complete with piƱata and lots of princess dresses. My sister put together quite the spread, including a popcorn and ice cream bar with fun toppings and a hot dog bar (how perfect for kids at this age) for supper. We had a fun time!
These boys just love playing with their cousins and running around at the farm. The apple trees were so full, so we picked a couple bags full and I'm going to try my hand at homemade applesauce in the slow cooker soon.
It was a later night getting home (about 9:30), but the boys were really good on the way home, so we were glad it went better than anticipated. I was so dog tired after having gotten up so early, but I was glad that didn't translate into Ms. Cranky Pants, and the boys did so great for having such a jam-packed weekend. We had zero melt downs, which, in my book, is a WIN!
No comments:
Post a Comment