Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve with Mark's Mom (December 24)

On Christmas Eve, we were a bunch of bums :) We stayed home, stayed cozy inside, and enjoyed some time off work to relax with our family. We made our way down to Worthington (on questionable roads, no doubt) for the beautiful candlelight Christmas Eve service there, and after a white-knuckle drive home, had Mark's Mom over for the evening for a nice ham dinner.

It was a little harried to begin, as I had for some reason completely forgotten to make the ham sauce AND potatoes AND had a hungry little Kendrick right away, but we still enjoyed a delicious dinner (if you haven't tried crockpot ham before, you need to. Now. it's so easy and delicious!) Of course, I didn't get a chance to actually take any pictures of the food (oh the horrors!) because I was so busy, but rest assured, it was yummy!

After eating, Cashel was antsy to open some presents, so we let him dig in! He opened his presents from Uncle Daniel, Aunt Iryna and cousin Sofie as well as some from Grandma and had a ball! He had to read his new book with Grandma right away!







It was nice to have time together to celebrate Christmas, even if the house was a mess and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off for most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment